Monday, December 14, 2015

Pesto Pasta

Because I chanced upon packed basil leaves in the grocery store last week, I made sure to make pesto sauce and leave it in the freezer for longer shelf life.

Earlier, I asked one officemate whose pesto pasta rivals those in restos for a simple recipe. I wasn't able to dutifully follow it though because as always, my being a drifter took over and one day upon arriving home from work, I had the urge to make pesto even without having nuts around.

What I did is just put the washed basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper, few slices of pimiento cheese, and olive oil all into the blender and have everything pureed. Then I transferred the mixture to a plastic container and in it went straight to the freezer.

Today I cooked my fiber-rich corkscrew pasta and used pesto for my sauce. That, plus squid rings.

I'm sad to say I am lightyears away from achieving the perfect pesto pasta. Sigh! Will have to do it again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment