Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mind over Heart

I have always followed my heart. And it made me a cynic.

There is a reality that is fantasy. And there is a fantasy that is reality.

There is also "the calling". If you listen carefully, that is. But it is shrouded by mists of uncertainty and clouds of doubts. Only the brave and the courageous dare create a new path where angels fear to tread.

And an angel I am not.

Or so I thought.

A fallen angel though.

And they say I live in fantasy. I say it is my reality.

Until now.

The sage is mistaken.
The prophet is ignored.
The warrior is fallen.
The archer is troubled.
And the arrows of fire released from a once mighty bow miss their mark.

Photo Credit: sushreepanda.blogspot.com

"Things fall apart, the center cannot hold" (To quote Yeats)

Only pure nothingness swirling and churning and swallowing
everything---
hopes, dreams, fears, ambitions, pride, envy

When the heart cannot feel anything anymore, the mind
takes over.

No comments:

Post a Comment