Saturday, June 15, 2013

Bensetti's Diner 06152013

What was supposed to be a dinner date became a lunch date on such short notice because a friend suddenly has nothing to do in the morning and asked me if we could move our date, and I obliged.

With a Metrodeal voucher in hand, we met up at MRT- Cubao Station and walked all the way to N. Domingo to claim my right to the buffet lunch. I surrendered my voucher to a staff there, who's very likable because she's always smiling. Because my friend just ate a bowl of pho, I was the only one who availed of the buffet.

The spread was not as impressive as in other buffet restaurants but at a discounted price of  P199 from the original P400, I couldn't complain more. Besides, it wasn't that bad. I would even recommend it over Barbara's in Intramuros. It's more of like lutong-bahay with general favorites like pinakbet, kaldereta, chopsuey, sinigang na ulo ng maya, penne in tomato sauce, pancit guisado, and fried bangus belly (which I loved!). One can also opt to have garden salad but I skipped this. Before we left, I was lucky to see the newly arrived fresh lumpiang ubod and happily ate one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment