Saturday, June 1, 2013

May 2013

May this year has been a mixture of many things. Following April spent mostly away from home, May saw my life going back to normal, meaning that I follow the work-home and occasional work-home-gimmick routine again.

The day I got back from Palawan on the last day of April, our team lead announced that on that coming Friday, we'd be heading off to Tali Beach for our team outing. I was aghast, feeling that a war might ensue between me and my parents as they have a tendency to get mad when I tell them I'd be travelling away from home. But realizing that controlling me is impossible now, I went on ahead even while suffering from LBM.

I joined our company's sportsfest, signing up in the bowling tournament. I'm no bowler, I very rarely go to the bowling alley but I wanted to try it again and the rest is history. I luckily landed in the finals, having passed the elimination round. But I brought shame to myself when I ended up the weakest link in my team. Oh well, at least I had fun.

I finally finished season 1 of Game of Thrones. It's one of those few TV series that got me really hooked I always end up doing a marathon. Before May ended, I got my hands on season 2.

Dates with close friends kept me sane again. My archaeo friends and I met in our usual date place and watched Star Trek Into Darkness. I am no Star Trek fan, am not even familiar with the storyline, though I do read about it a lot, and I know that its popular character is Dr. Spock who's got a funny hairstyle. Unfortunately I was so tired after a day's work that I fell asleep. I felt like I threw money into the garbage can afterwards.

My other dates are happily spent in Maginhawa and Greenhills Town Center where food are not as expensive. As seems to be a monthly habit, I found myself in another formal dinner this month with a friend ar Ilustrado in Intramuros. It was raining then, which I consider bad luck. I don't go to Intramuros when it rains. I was traumatized once at having had to seek shelter in NCCA Gallery because suddenly the streets were flooded following a downpour which didn't even last an hour.

I'm back to reading again. It probably must be the weather which has become a bit kinder with cool winds at night, setting the mood for continuous reading again. And I've drawn another list of books I will read for the coming cold months. (And looking forward to free some space for new books...)

That, and I'm proud to say that this month has been quite productive when it comes to blogging. I finally finished blogging about my whole Ho Chih Minh trip. Still have lots more to write about (Shanghai and Palawan). Since I'm not travelling any time soon, I'm expecting myself to at least finish writing about my Palawan experience. As of writing I have edited pictures I will be needing for my two blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment