Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ugong Rock and Underground River, Palawan 04222013

Day 1 of my Palawan trip was spent in Ugong Rock, and the famed Subterranean River Park. Earlier, I had booked a tour of the Underground river (P1500) since I don't want to ruin my vacation worrying about the permit to enter the park.

The guide first took us to Ugong Rock where I had my fun climbing the limestone formations. There's part in the climb where you will need ropes for ascending, which for me is the most fun part, since I terribly miss rappelling. When you get to the top, you have a choice, either to go down the say way you went up OR you do so by zipline. Of course, I chose the second. It was my FIRST EVER ZIPLINE EXPERIENCE and it was FUN! You see greens flashing before your eyes for some 21 seconds. And after that, you'll want more. The hard part is letting go at first. My knees wobbled at the start. (Yes, I'm acrophobic... a bit!)

Ugong Rock
On the way to the Undergroung River Park, we stopped by the majestic Elephant Limestone Formation for some picture-taking.
Elephant Limestone Formation
Then off to some place where we had a wonderful buffet lunch before we took a ferry ride to the park.


komodo dragon vs. moneky
After waiting for our turn for what seemed like an hour (you'll find interesting things to do while waiting so don't worry), the 45-minute tour started. We're lucky to have a very funny guy who pointed out the cool formations inside the cave with his witty and humorous comments. By all means, bring your own flashlight, just in case the one holding the torch lamp is an unreliable fellow.


No comments:

Post a Comment