Friday, August 2, 2013

Derpy Saturdate 06292013

Last June 29, I had another Saturdate with a very close friend. We spent the whole morning at SM Bowling Center and played two games. Both of us are occasional players so on average we don't reach more than 100 points. I guess I still cannot accept the humiliating defeat I suffered which was witnessed by most of my officemates.

Okay, that was an exaggeration. I don't really mind the loss since getting into the finals was already a big honor. (But then again, there's this bitter feeling of not getting even a centavo as consolation prize...)

We're lucky to be playing beside a seemingly professional bowler with his training coach. We listened to the instructions and tips given which we tried to incorporate in our play but to no avail. We noobs really have to strike down the pins relying only on our own bowling styles. Derp! (To borrow my friend's favorite expression on FB.)


After two games with scores that can make any proud man blush, we went to Maginhawa for lunch. Our pick was Lord of the Wings since I have been craving for buffalo wings since... since uh, forever. My friend and I shared an order of garlic parmesan chicken wings (P175/ 6 pcs.) and I'd love to come back to try their other flavors.

Summer pasta (P150) It has tomatoes, basil, garlic, and dory fish fillet. 
I had a glass of raspberry mint drink (P99) which was good and which made me think of Redwall.
What my friend ordered: chicken cutler pasta which I loved.  (P175)
Of course, a trip to Maginhawa will never be complete without a stop at the neighborhood bookstore, Bookay-Ukay. My friend is a big fan of the store and she was able to buy a book by Neil Gaiman. I on the other hand, wanted some books but successfully controlled myself since I have storage problems to take care of first. That, and the fact that I need to save more to travel more. (And besides, I still have a LOT of wonderful books to read at home.)

2 comments:

  1. EEEEEE~!!! ♥♥♥ Derpy Sturdate. Ang cute. Haha. Lord of the Wings is such a good find on that rainy day. Sa uulitin! \:DD/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabihan mo ako kung kelan ka free! Gusto ko na ulit gumala sa Maginhawa :)

      Delete