Friday, August 2, 2013

Guide for a Day 07142013

Last month, a group of around 30 Chinese students came to visit the Philippines and my sisters and I participated in touring them around. One of the stop was Luneta Park which now has undergone a major renovation. In my youth my parents used to bring us there on Sundays. When I was a bit older, I remember not liking the place much because the place stinks due to garbage being thrown indiscriminately, not to mention the place gaining a reputation as a hotspot for snatchers.

group picture taken by me
At the entrance to the Chinese Garden
fountain with lights
This reminds of the the linked coaches in The Bund, Shanghai
It amazed me how different Luneta Park is from what it used to be. My new-found Chinese friends commented at how beautiful Luneta Park is. I was just fighting the urge to tell them that Shanghai's Century Park is even more beautiful. We need to be proud of Philippine tourist spots, too. And given how impressed I was at the improvement, I just nodded my head in agreement.

The Cultural Center of the Philippines: one of my favorite places  in Metro Manila
After touring Luneta Park, we headed to SM MOA for a game of bowling and lunch at Mang Inasal afterwards. Just the day before I also had lunch at Mang Inasal somewhere in Laguna. On both days I consumed two and a half cups of rice. (I'm a growing kid!)

After lunch, we did a little shopping. My "babies" and I mostly window-shopped since they seem to be quite miserly, too, like me. I do hope they enjoyed being with me even though I was such a lousy mall guide. I made a mental note back then to at least somehow familiarize myself with fashion brands.

Then off to Eton Centris in Quezon City for a game of laser tag. I was so tired and sleepy by then that I passed on the chance to play the game. After that, my sisters and I had our spontaneous date there.

No comments:

Post a Comment