Sunday, August 4, 2013

豫園 (Yuyuan), Shanghai 04062013

Yuyuan (Garden of Contentment) is another one of those listed as Shanghai's tourist spot. The classical garden dates back to the Ming Dynasty. Since then, it has undergone countless restoration and renovation and now houses different restaurants and shops.

Entering Yuyuan
A line of crafts shop. Skilled craftsmen take to work upon order.  It makes one jealous to see them having those skills. Most products are related to carving and painting.
well-maintained garden lake
Who wouldn't love to live here? Sigh.
Also inside Yuyuan is the famed Kobayashi Cookie House where my friends and I bought some for our families back home. It's such a pity that I scrimped on food sold in stalls there. Next time, I'll be sure to spend the whole day eating at Yuyuan. Hope by then I'm not travelling on a meager budget!

Read more about my 2013 Shanghai Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment