Friday, August 2, 2013

Shinjuku (Makati Avenue) 07242013

I have been craving for a big bowl of ramen for a long time now. Once I put it on my status and an officemate took notice so he invited me to have lunch with him. He seems to be into Japanese food , too. Being more of a foodie than me (coz he's got the means whereas I am just a poorita), he decided where to have lunch and suggested Shinjuku.

 
gyoza slighly browned and delicious! (P270/ 6 pcs.)

Tenshin Ramen (P410/ large)
My friend suggested that I order a bowl of mabo tofu ramen or mabo eggplant ramen since I love spicy food but I insisted on Tenshin Ramen. It was disappointingly bland for my tastes even though I had put in chili powder countless times. The crab omelette lacks flavor though I appreciate the presence of mushrooms in it. Maybe it's just me since I was craving for really flavorful foods at that time.

As for the size, I am glad to have such a bowl of hot noodles. I'm also happy at the amount of noodles I ate. Still I consider a large bowl for P410 rather expensive, since my palate was not satisfied.

Will I be back? Of course! I'm giving Shunjuku a chance. The next time, I'll be having that spicy mabo tofu ramen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment