Monday, October 5, 2015

Sky Café and Gallery, Meycauayan, Bulacan

Last week, an officemate and I had dinner together. It´s been a long time since we did this and I miss having just the two of us sit down and talk about a lot of things. It was raining last week because of a tropical storm Kabayan which hit Northern Luzon, bringing rains to Metro Manila. We welcomed the rains with much gusto since we've been experiencing summer the past few weeks. It's alarming how the wet and dry seasons which used to be clearly defined is now in disarray.

In search of a place to eat, we braved the rains and ended up at Le Beatro Hotel. Sky Café is true to its name. You need to climb up the stairs to get to the place. It's a bit artsy, the small space lending a comfy feel. Since it was raining we opted to be seated inside.

We shared one four cheese pizza (P120). She had beef tapa with rice (P120) while I had the aligue pasta (P140). It's the closest to my favorite tuyo pasta which unfortunately is something very few restaurants offer. 

Aligue pasta. At P140 the price is just right. It's got 2 shrimps.

four cheese pizza. Very thin crust.
The pasta doesn't disappoint though it would have been better if they used angel hair pasta instead of spaghetti. Of course I am being choosy since the pasta type also plays a big role in determining what sauce to go with it. My officemate's beef tapa is flavorful. We both love the spiced vinegar that goes with it. The meat is also tender so that's a plus. As for the pizza, it's too thin so we rolled it before eating. Pretty nice but could be better. We also got free glasses of lemonade freeze because of their on-going promo. I think promo's until October 31, 2015 if I remember correctly.

Will I go back? Depends. There are very few restaurants in Meycauayan and if I want to eat pasta I might come here again. Though it will be a long time until I do since I'm biased towards the pasta I make. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment