Friday, October 2, 2015

Tinder

I've been hearing talk of the dating app Tinder even in the office. Some of my officemates have become Tinder buddies so last night I decided to join in the fray. I had my reservations of course,  since the app requires access to many things once installed in one's phone and that is a red flag for me. 

Still it won't hurt to try. I can remove the app anytime anyway, which I did as soon as I arrived home at midnight. So yeah, my Tinder life was shortlived, like a candle in the wind, blown out too soon. I just find it boring to look at photos of men and tap x or heart. Sounds stupid and a total waste of time. The app is based on the assumption that physical appearance is the first thing that catches one's attention. I'm afraid I'm more interested in the non-physical aspects of a person. So goodbye Tinder. I don't need you in my life.

That is not to say that I am bashing the app totally. I know of some who are happily with their current partners thanks to the app. While yes it provides meetup opportunities for singles, one really has to be very cautious since we're living in difficult and dangerous times and well, players are way too many in this planet so I am sticking to my old-fashioned self and explore possibilities with real people I meet in the physical world.

No comments:

Post a Comment