Sunday, October 18, 2015

許士芬地質博物館

Since two days of my recent Hong Kong trip was allotted for a seminar at Hong Kong University, I also took the opportunity to visit the Geological Museum. I came in just in time for the seminar, having run all the way from HKU Station. This is a new MTR station BTW, and the last time I had to take the bus from the Hong Kong Museum of Medicinal Sciences. At least, being familiar with the place helped me a great deal or else I would waste time in trying to find my way around.

busy stores somewhere in Wan Chai

cute kid-friendly double-decked buses
 After the seminar, other Filipino participants and I roamed around the campus and even in Hong Kong side the following day to search for the Jose Rizal markers. We spent some time marveling at the rock collection inside the Stephen Hui Geological Museum. Being fond of rocks, I was overwhelmed and half serious, pleaded to my companions to leave me there to live for sometime so I can study each and every rock and mineral.


the lobby of the museum

some specimens
I wish we had a similar museum here in the Philippines. There could be one in NIGS inside UP Diliman, but I have not yet visited it. Will probably do so VERY soon. :)

Read: My Hong Kong 2015 trip

No comments:

Post a Comment