Thursday, May 23, 2013

Central and Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong 02142013

On Valentine's Day this year, I was in Hong Kong with my relatives. After exploring the southern part of Tsim Sha Tsui, I went back to the hotel and reunited with my relatives to visit some other places. At that time I had no idea where we were headed to.

We headed to the subway and got off at Central Station. There was a small park when we exited and my relatives say it is where Filipinos would converge on Sundays during their day off. I failed to get the name of the place though so I'd just name it Central Plaza.

a flower in Central Plaza. 

tall buildings within the vicinity

Legislative Council Building: click here to learn more

We walked a long way but it was greatly appreciated by yours truly as it gave me enough time to look around and take photos of the buildings there. When we got inside the taxi, I told my mom that I would want to retire in Hong Kong. (But then I suddenly remembered that the summer heat there is unbearable, according to an aunt to works there....)

We got inside the Peak Galleria, a posh mall which is decorated with the Valentine's Day theme. And it sucks seeing those lovey-dovey couples being extra sweet to each other. I shudder... in bitterness LOL.

they were singing 童話 in the lobby of the Peak Galleria

Inside the Peak Galleria: Valentine's Day motifs
On the terrace/ roof top (or whatever you call it) of the mall, one can see a magnificent view of Hong Kong at nighttime. I thought of how romantic it would be to have a date in that place. (Maybe someday...)
view from The Peak

Hong Kong viewed from The Peak at night: takes the breath away
After enjoying the sights, we left The Peak and headed to Yau Ma Tei  for dinner. My uncle told me that it's a haven for foodies and I just couldn't contain my excitement.

And maybe because of that, I boarded the train without relatives. I just waited for them at Yau Ma Tei Station.

When we got to the street with lots of eateries, my happiness was without measure. It is indeed a foodie's refuge, especially after long walks. The smell of newly cooked food pervaded the place. There's just too many different food to order and it breaks my heart knowing I cannot order everything. (BUT I will definitely be back!!!)
busy street in Yau Ma Tei

newly cooked food makes me DROOL!

night bazaar
This is one memorable Valentine's Day, the first I spent out of the country. I wish I had taken my mom out so we could have an exclusive Valentine's Day date, just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment