Wednesday, November 28, 2012

From Multiply 055: I Give up!


It's not in my nature to give up this easily. However, when academics get in the way of something far more important, I will leave it aside.

Tomorrow's the submission of our draft paper for Philo114. It's just a filler course but I find myself quite chained to it because of the required ten-page long paper. It could have been possible for me to comply with this if it had been announced earlier. Well, it was announced early this semester but our prof approved our topics just last week. I had to find a copy of Camus' "The Myth of Sisyphus" but unfortunately for me, all three copies in UPD are missing. This is so unbelievable! And I have to do a paper on that! (And that's one reason why I really want to have my own private library!!!)

And so the next best thing is to find the text in the net but woe to me! I didn't find it. So plan C, never mind Camus and just focus on my fave book in the Bible, the Book of Ecclesiastes. At the pace I'm making, I surely won't make it. And I certainly don't believe in staying up late just for a paper. (I only did that twice, I think. The first time was in high school, the second time was early this year for French class.)

So, goodbye, Philo114 paper. Now I'm thinking of making up excuses to my prof tomorrow. I hate cramming, but I'm so used to it. such a hard habit to break. This is the beginning of my being a delinquent student, against my will.

I'm not giving up yet. Come graduation time, I'll probably be the happiest person on earth. it will mean one thing: FREEDOM!!! (Actually many things: anime, novels, forums, languages, foodtrips, wanderings etc...)

Sep 15, '09 12:47 PM
for Miracle's friends, Miracle's family and Miracle's online buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment