Thursday, November 1, 2012

Octoberfeasts

A few minutes from now, November will begin. I started typing at exactly 11:57 PM, already tired and sleepy after a meet-up with a former classmate and her friend. Still, I find myself again a screensucker.

This October, I made efforts to reconnect with people whom I haven't seen in years. Yes, it's part of my reconnection project with the goal of learning how to trust and love human beings again. And so far, so good. I have to admit that I am a bit annoyed at people who cancel at the last minute, or those who are always late. Then again, I myself have gained a reputation of being late in almost everything, though I hope people notice that I do try to rectify this now. And yes, I am reaping what I have sown and experiencing the same frustrations my "victims" probably felt. So no need to whine and make a big deal out of it, really.

On the first Saturday of the month, I had a movie date with myself. A week later, I went out with my former officemates. I realized how I love these girls. The last time we hanged out together was in December last year. I'm looking forward to our December reunion. I hope we can go swimming or travel to Bataan or wherever.

The following Friday, I met up with my friends in UP. We had a lovely and LIVELY discussion on Bangsamoro, Philippine art, movies, theatrical performances, and the like. It was really nice to be with them because I get to know about new artists.

Just last Saturday, I had dinner with an ex-coursemate somewhere in Tomas Morato. And then today, I just came home from dinner with a friend together with her friend whom I met at a museum. It was nice to hear news from school and also from the museum industry.

Looking back, I was too much of a homebody. I disliked going out with friends at night and would prefer to stay at home and watch animé or go into sentimental mode. But it's all changing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment