Wednesday, November 28, 2012

From Multiply 078: Best Week


December 14 (Monday): I attended the symposium on evolution held at the College of Science Auditorium with Rufus. I wasn't required to do so, just that when I happened to pass by the tarp the week before and seeing that my beloved idol Prof. Maria Serena Diokno would deliver a lecture, I just couldn't resist. Dr. Perry Ong was also there, as well as Prof. Michael Tan (I am an avid fan of his column in PDI), and of course, my super cool STS prof Sir Fidel Nemenzo, with his suave and sexy voice (as usual) and his superb summaries of the lectures. (I am so sorry to say this but I didn't listen to the Economics prof simply because I had great difficulty deciphering what he was saying and I couldn't quite follow his power point presentation.) SUPER KUDOS TO MA'AM DIOKNO who elicited howls of laughter from the audience with the ff. quote taken from a HS history textbook: Nanganganak ng aso ang aso; ang ibon ay ibon din; ang unggoy ay nanganganak ng unggoy. Kaya hindi maaaring magmula ang tao sa unggoy. She never disappoints. In fact, one gets to learn something new from her every time she's out in front to discuss something. Never mind the fact that she seems to be not very techie though she's got a neat Macbook.

First time ever to eat Long Island's pasta. I ordered anchovies and tuna. At P55, I don't think it's cheap with the small serving and wait, where is my tuna???

December 16 (Wednesday) Watched "Haikhikan '09" (a.k.a. Faculty Follies) with Louis. Ma'am Chei is so SEXY!!! Sir Manila's got such a nice body. Prof. Ramos was funny, he's so cute, acting like a zombie with a giraffe stuffed toy on his shoulder. I had fun watching the profs perform on stage. One thing I notice, though, is that they played "Nobody Nobody but You" countless times that even at home, that stupid song was playing inside my head. Worst case of LSS ever.

December 18 (Friday) Lantern Parade!!! I discovered a fruit shake stand near the Main Lib thanks to Nori-chan. Had two cups of carrot shake. (At P20, it's cheap and good!) Fooled around with Mimi's purple wig while people cast us weird glances haha!!! Such a good bonding time, not to mention a cool way to relax after all the heavy workload the previous weeks.

Ate a quick early dinner (actually snack LOL!) at a makeshift tent near the Carillon Tower. I had tipid meal #8 (P35 rice, pork BBQ, 1 pc. fried siomai). The BBQ was good, the siomai so NOT!

Had to run straight  to church afterwards. Good thing I arrived at exactly 8pm for teh Simbang Gabi.

Dec 20, '09 10:47 AM
for Miracle's friends, Miracle's family and Miracle's online buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment