Friday, November 30, 2012

From Multiply 086: Back to Work


Just came back from a one-week break. Yes, I didn't work on my thesis for a week, for ONE PRECIOUS WEEK. And now, there's only one month left. Actually, I have less than two weeks, that is, taking into consideration my plan of finishing it before Valentine's Day.

So what exactly have I been doing? Well, some relatives on my dad's side from abroad came to visit. Aunt Helen left early this morning, my dad's aunt and her daughter will be leaving on the third of this month. Since Aunt Helen stayed with us, it was hard for me to do schoolwork in our bedroom without making a mess. People here had warned me beforehand about being orderly and since it is against my nature to be such, I decided to go on strike and not do school stuffs. And I DO want my aunt to be comfortable in our bedroom.

And so, it had been a very unproductive week.
____________________________________________________________

Saturday (Jan. 30) I went to UP planning to watch two plays but because of my tardiness, I ended up watching only one. Missed "The Yellow Shawl" but my classmates told me it wasn't that good. At least I was able to catch "May Day's Eve". I so admire the lady narrator in black. She was so confident, poised and spoke audibly. I also love the heroine. Pretty gal with long wavy hair.

I wasn't required to watch actually. But these days I seem to crave musicals, theater plays and concerts. I so miss my childhood days when my dad would bring us to CCP to watch concerts and theatrical performances. I also missed going to recitals.
___________________________________________________________

That same Saturday night, we went to Golden Fortune Seafood Restaurant along Kalaw Ave. for a mini-reunion. I was shocked to see my erstwhile playmate cousin now taller than me. Darn it! And no Cherifer for her. I jokingly told her I wouldn't want to be caught around her ever again because of it. And guess what? She's just in 6th grade!!!

And regarding the food, I can't say I enjoyed much. I was expecting we'd go to China Place, just so I can eat those wonderful fried chili crabs again. But no, my dad had to have the last word. But anyway, my mere consolation lies in the fact that I was able to eat around 6 or 7 pieces of crab. Only, they're steamed, not fried. BOO!
___________________________________________________________

The following day (Jan. 31) we visited Grand-Aunt and her daughter at Sofitel. It was my first ever time go inside that hotel but it wasn't attractive compared to Manila Hotel. Maybe it's because of my preference for 19th century Hispanic Manila styles. Modernism doesn't have that much impact on me.

At at Tempura Restaurant in Banawe. I really hate it when dad doesn't like trying new restos. I love Tempura, it's one of the best Japanese restos I've been to, but we've been there many many times already and I'm craaving for somethig new. Like perhpas those in Tomas Morato.

In the afternoon, we visited the Tan Yan Kee Chinese Library in San Fernando Tower. Lots of Chinese books. I so want to borrow "Dream of the Red Mansions" but unfortunately, I'm not a member, and neither do I have the money to apply for membership. And come to think of it, I also don't have time to read Chinese novels because I REALLY NEED TO FINISH MY THESIS before V-day, darn it.

Afterwards, we visited Ha Yuan. I miss their makimi, the best I've tasted in my life. However, when we got there, I wanted to try their fresh lumpia. So no makimi for me. But the lumpia doesn't disappoint. At P60, I wouldn't consider it cheap, but it's really good, with generous amount of veggies inside.

And then almost 3 hours stuck in traffic. It was a NIGHTMARE. I was already cursing. Just why the heck do Filipinos love parading on major public thoroughfares??? That time, I really needed to go to the comfort room. But it was a good thing I fell asleep, somehow I "forgot" about it.

Got home at 11pm and missed dinner. We just ate instant pancit canton and siopao at home.
____________________________________________________

And so now, I'm gladly back to normal. Am about to finish Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol". Oh yeah, I almost forgot aabout my thesis! @_@

Feb 1, '10 9:42 AM
for Miracle's friends, Miracle's family and Miracle's online buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment