Wednesday, November 28, 2012

From Multiply 066: Damn Facebook!


Facebook--- I first heard of this social networking site when I was taking up French 30-31.Back then, all I knew was that FB is like Multiply and Friendster.

But before I rant about FB, here's a brief intro to my world of social networking sites.

I was in high school when the world was crazy about Friendster. My friends kept on prodding me to sign up for an account. I kept receiving invitations but I ignored all of them. Friendster, for me, promotes false friendship. I had read a lot about it on the newspapers, how people just add up other people regardless of whether they really are friends or not. Worse, most users add up complete strangers. And what for? Perhaps to let the world know how "friendly" they are. But all that is one big CRAP. It's like collecting friends. Then what? Do they really really become intimate friends? Fat chance.

And then came Multiply, with features that are suitable for the blogger in us. It took me a long time to see the benefits of blogging. I wasn't easily convinced but here I am, still an active Multiply user. I started to blog, my first posts were poems which i myself wrote. Later on, I was into reviews. It's not like I'm writing for people. No, I write for myself. (Still the self-centered girl that I am, ha!) The reviews section is where I store what I've read, watched or just about anything else. (My biggest indulgences are anime and books.) I post pics, but only for my contacts, and my contacts are, mind you, people whom I have talked to personally. It was only when my parents said yes to DSL that I was able to upload music and videos. Oh, and did I mention that I used Multiply to stalk my crushes? (evil laugh)

I would eventually create a Friendster account, to further stalk my crushes. But that's just that and nothing more. Well, I did post some poems on my bog there, too.

And then now there's FB. That darn FB.

The day my sister created an FB account was the beginning of HELL for me. Every night she would whine endlessly for me to let her play Cafe World. Stupid game. Now all I've been hearing of her lately is that she's got to play coz her <insert food> is ready to be served. It's got a BIG effect on her, to the point that she says her goal now is to become number 1 in that game. I'd just roll my eyes in disgust and at the same time, I feel sorry for her. She got caught up in a addictively fictitious world.

The worst thing is, when she plays on my laptop, everything slows down. I've been telling her numerous times before that FB might be using damn stalking programs but she won't hear the end of it, Never mind that my laptop turns into a turtle, just let her play. Damn it!

I've had it now, and my only recourse is to rant about that damnable abominable FB for coming into existence. Or better yet, I am so disappointed at my sister for turning into an FB zombie. HMPH!

Nov 16, '09 7:51 AM
for Miracle's friends and Miracle's family

No comments:

Post a Comment